The original Piano House over 80 years ago.

The original Piano House over 80 years ago.

In 1936, William Loewen began repairing and selling pianos during the long cold winter months in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Mr. Loewen’s growing passion for pianos convinced him and his two sons to dedicate their efforts towards the piano business. After the second world war, Mr Loewen was the first piano distributor to introduce Yamaha and Kawai pianos to the Canadian marketplace. Shortly thereafter he imported Samick pianos from Korea as well as many other world-known piano brands. You can still find pianos to this day, all across the world with a Leowen brand name on the fallboard. Many of these are actually early-model Yamaha or Kawai pianos.


In 2015, Loewen Piano House opened a state-of-the-art headquarters in Richmond, BC. This new location includes a 4,000 square foot Music Education Facility,  a 6,000 square foot Display Showroom and a 8,000 square foot Professional Performance Hall.


Current Loewen Piano House.

Current Loewen Piano House.